Upon completing the 2.5 hour Respect My Red Leadership Institute and passing the RMR Level 1 Post-test, participants should will have achieved RMR Level 1 Certification. Each receives a certificate that can be listed as an achievement on their resume. Level 1 Certification signifies the following attained learning outcomes:
- Participants will be able to define what constitutes a healthy and unhealthy relationship.
- Participants will understand what a proactive bystander is and the skills needed to be a proactive bystander.
- Participants will understand laws and definitions pertaining to sexual contact, consent, incapacitation, statutory rape, stalking, dating violence and abusive relationships.
- Participants will be able to define affirmative consent vs. coercion.
- Participants will be able to identify the three reasons why someone legally cannot give consent to sexual contact.
- Participants will be able to identify three ways to ask for consent from another person without creating discomfort in the other person.
RMR Level 2 Certification is achieved after successfully completing a four-hour training. This instruction teaches how participants can provide peer to peer facilitation. Many Level 2 students assist with health classes, advisory group discussions, awareness days, and guest presenter events. Participants briefly review Level 1 content and then learn techniques for teaching basic concepts and leading productive discussions for their peers. They also learn how to plan awareness days and events for their community.
The most advanced training is to become an RMR Certified Senior Trainer. RMR Senior Trainers can teach the RMR Level 1 Couse. These trainings are offered in the summer. Currently, they are by invitation or request only, with plans to provide training with open enrollment for summer 2020.